What is expected of the participant while in the Lawyer Assistance Program?
While participants receive a personalized plan tailored to their individual needs, there are general similarities. Some common recommendations are:
- Attend several abstinence-based self-help group meetings each week
(for those with substance use problems) or attend therapy sessions
(for those with mental health concerns).
- Attend LAP support group meetings each week.
- Abstain from all drugs that are not prescribed, including alcohol.
- Meet with the Clinical Review Team periodically.
- Maintain regular contact with a Clinical Rehabilitation Coordinator.
- Participate in lab testing on a random basis (typically for those with a history of problematic substance use).
There may be additional and more specific recommendations depending on the needs of an individual participant, such as inpatient treatment or counseling for a specific problem.