The State Bar of California 88th Annual Meeting
October 8-11, 2015
Early-bird Pre-Registration Deadline (Save $100): September 14
About the Annual Meeting
The State Bar of California returns to sunny Anaheim for the 2015 Annual Meeting. The Annual Meeting is a multiday showcase of continuing legal education courses, celebrity speakers, and noted legal scholars. Each day gives you several choices of courses and special events, all of which are summarized in this Preview.
The Annual Meeting registration fee is structured to make it more affordable to attend. You can select either a Full Meeting Pass or a 2-Day Pass. Special fees are available for Young Lawyers and New Admittees. September 14 is the deadline for the lowest fee.
Your pre-registration includes:
- Choice of 126 MCLE courses
- Up to 20 Hours of MCLE and Legal Specialization credit
- General Session with Celebrity Speakers
- Free Networking Lunch in the Exhibit Hall (with early RSVP)
- Exhibition Show with giveaways, morning coffee, and evening happy hours
- Social events hosted by the State Bar and its various Sections, local bar associations, and law school alumni groups
- Opportunity to purchase advance tickets for the State Bar Breakfast, Bench and Bar Luncheon, CWL Annual Dinner, and the first outdoor President’s Festival.
- A fun place to bring your family and meet your friends — a playground for all!
How to Navigate the Online Preview
- Be sure to see Special Events for information about luncheons, social events, the California Women Lawyers Annual Dinner, Annual Exhibit Show, and the Conference of California Bar Associations (CCBA).
- See Hotel and Travel for information about the Annual Meeting hotels and rental car discounts.
- See the schedules for individual days for a chronological list of all programs, with descriptions: Schedule for Thursday, Schedule for Friday, Schedule for Saturday, Schedule for Sunday.
- See Partners - Sponsoring Groups for a list of all programs by sponsoring group.
- See MCLE Subfields for a list of all programs offering special credit and information about the requirements, and Legal Specialization for a list of programs offering legal specialization credit..
- See Printable Preview for a printable version of the Preview, containing the same information found on this website.
- If you're interested in being an exhibitor at the Annual Meeting, see Exhibitor Prospectus, or for more opportunities to take part see Sponsorship and Advertising.
Annual Meeting Locations
The State Bar Annual Meeting education programs, meetings, functions and events will be held at the Anaheim Marriott, Sheraton Park Hotel, and the Anaheim Convention Center. Refer to the Printed Program for room locations. The Annual Meeting Registration area will be located in the Marquis Foyer, Anaheim Marriott Hotel. For more information, see Hotel and Travel.
Pre-registration does not guarantee space in a class. Many programs will sell out in advance, so register early.
- September 14 -- Early-bird Pre-Registration (Save $100).
- September 21 -- Pre-Registration Deadline
- October 8 -- On-site Registration Opens
Please note: Online registration is now closed. It's possible to register onsite, beginning at 8 a.m. Thursday morning. You may wish to print out and complete the Pre-Registration and Ticket Fee Form and Course Selector in advance to speed up the process.
Register by Mail or Fax
Print out and complete the Pre-Registration and Ticket Fee Form and Course Selector and return them with payment to The State Bar of California. Checks should be made payable to The State Bar of California.
415-538-2368. Fax Pre-Registration and Ticket Fee Form and Course Selector. Do not mail original form. Credit card only. Confirmation of receipt of faxed registration forms cannot be confirmed by telephone.
Send Pre-Registration and Ticket Fee Form and Course Selector to:
2015 Annual Meeting Pre-Registration
The State Bar of California,
180 Howard Street
San Francisco CA 94105-1639
Registration and/or ticket refund requests must be received (not postmarked) in writing by the State Bar of California no later than September 21, 2015 and are subject to a $50 service charge.
All Annual Meeting attendees must register to attend the Education Programs. Complimentary registration to education programs is not available.
Registration Questions/Special Assistance
For Registration questions call 415-538-2508. For information or special assistance call 415-538-2210 or email AnnualMeeting@calbar.ca.gov.
Tickets to Annual Meeting Luncheons and Special Events
The California Women Lawyer’s Dinner, President’s Festival, the State Bar Breakfast, and the State Bar Luncheon and Alexander F. Morrison Address are ticketed events. The fee to attend is not included in your registration fee.
The Thursday Networking Luncheon is a ticketed event, but is complimentary to registered attendees.
Refer to Special and Ticketed Events for details. Purchase tickets in advance or RSVP for the complimentary event during the online registration process or on the Pre-Registration & Event Fee Form. Reserve early, as these events may sell out. Refunds and exchanges may not be available. Event speaker substitutions may occur.
Pre-registration includes complimentary membership to a State Bar Section (up to $95 value) valid August 2 through December 31, 2015). Select the Section of your choice during online registration or on the Pre Registration and Ticket Fee Form. For information about the State Bar Sections,
|OPTION A. FULL REGISTRATION PASS
||Through Sept. 14
||Sept. 15-21 & Onsite
|Attorneys licensed before 9/1/10
|Attorneys licensed on or after 9/1/10
|New Admittee (licensed from 12/1/2014 - 12/1/2015
|OPTION B. 2-DAY REGISTRATION PASS
Education courses and activities on select days. No other 2-day pass options available.
|Through Sept. 14
||Sept. 15-21 & Onsite
|Thursday/Friday Only Pass
|Saturday/Sunday Only Pass
Minimum Continuing Legal Education (MCLE)
The State Bar of California and the Office of Section Education and Meeting Services are State Bar of California MCLE approved providers. Programs at the Annual Meeting give continuing legal education credit in all required areas, and most areas of legal specialization. Courses in MCLE subfields are subject to change.
See MCLE Subfields for a complete list of the programs that offer MCLE credit in the required subfields.
MCLE Program Materials
Education program materials will be provided to all attendees in electronic format only. Materials will be available online before the Annual Meeting. A link will be sent to all pre-registrants before the meeting.
Complimentary Section Membership
Complimentary to Annual Meeting Registrants (up to $95 value). Select one State Bar Section membership (valid August 2 - December 31, 2015). For more information about a State Bar Section visit www.calbar.org/sections.