Pro Bono Resources
Pro bono opportunities
Volunteer to assist veterans - Find out about opportunities to do pro bono work for veterans and where to find free workshops to get training.
Volunteer to represent unaccompanied minors - Lawyers are needed for Asylum, Family Law and Special Immigrant Juvenile Status (SIJS), Guardianship and SIJS, Guardianships only, T-Visa and U-Visa cases.
Join the Pro Bono Practice Program for 2015
To find more pro bono volunteer opportunities go to www.californiaprobono.org
Resources for lawyers
Resources for law firms
Resources for local and specialty bar associations
- Renewing our Commitment to Pro Bono: Tools for Local and Specialty Bar Associations The State Bar of California Standing Committee on the Delivery of Legal Services developed this downloadable tool kit that includes (to receive an electronic copy please contact email@example.com)
- Introduction Letter
- Letter from Chief Justice
- State Bar Pro Bono Resolution
- Pro Bono Benefits Everyone
- Snapshot of Local Bar-Sponsored Pro Bono Models in California
- FAQs about Pro Bono
- Selected Quotations
- The State Bar’s Commitment to Pro Bono
- Making Pro Bono a Priority: A Bar Leader’s Handbook The American Bar Association Division for Legal Services developed this downloadable guidebook that includes examples of the specific application of models across the country.
Resources for Pro Bono Organizations and Legal Services Providers
Resources for Judges
Resources for Law Students
The Path to Pro Bono: An Interviewing Tool for Law Students The American Bar Association Pro Bono Committee and the Center for Pro Bono developed this brochure to assist law students assess a law firm's commitment to pro bono. It also is useful for students pursuing careers with small and mid-size firms and corporate in-house legal departments.